Who We Are
Macaron Bar was founded in 2014 by Patrick Moloughney and Nathan Sivitz. Mark Santanello joined in 2015. Kyle Oldfield and Michael Wagner came onboard in 2017 to lead Macaron Bar's expansion into Pennsylvania.
Patrick has a B.A. from the George Washington University and an M.B.A. from Georgetown University. Patrick was a Brand Manager at Procter & Gamble in Cincinnati for 10 years where he led the expansion of Mr. Clean Car Wash, P&G’s first foray into retail services.
Nathan has a B.S. from Xavier University and is a Cincinnati native. He has a passion for baking and is well versed in the pastry arts. He has studied pastry with a focus on macarons at The Gourmandise School in Santa Monica, California, and studied privately at several of the finest macaron shops in New York and Los Angeles. The 'pièce de résistance' of his training was a macarons master class at Ecole Lenôtre in Paris, France.
Mark has a B.A. from the George Washington University in Liberal Arts. Mark previously worked for Northern Kentucky University and University of Cincinnati in sponsored research.
Kyle Oldfield has a B.S in Industrial Design from the University of Cincinnati’s Design, Architecture, Art, & Planning program. Kyle was instrumental in the early stages of Macaron Bar's business development, consulting on logo design, packaging, store aesthetic and overall brand identity. He brings over 2 years of experience overseeing various operations for Macaron Bar Cincinnati to Pittsburgh. Kyle also attended a macarons master class at Ecole Lenôtre in Paris, France.
Michael Shem Wagner has attended the University of Cincinnati for Judaic Studies as well as Haifa University in Israel. Michael spent 5 years working as a Planning Research Associate in the nonprofit Jewish world, primarily for the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati. Michael also attended a macarons master class at Ecole Lenôtre in Paris, France.
- Good Food Pittsburgh: "You can now get macaron ice cream sandwiches from Millie's and Macaron Bar"
- Pittsburgh City Paper: "Millie's Homemade Ice Cream and Macaron Bar are a match made in heaven"
- Good Food Pittsburgh: "Pittsburgh's First Macaron Bar Now Open"
- Cincinnati Business Courier: "OTRs Macaron Bar expands to a new city"
- USA Today: "10 Tastes of Cincinnati for less than $10"
- Cincinnati Business Courier: "OTR's Macaron Bar heads to a new city"
- Tourism Ohio: "4 Yummy Macaron Spots in Ohio"
- This Ohio Life: "Macaron Bar - Over-the-Rhine"
- Cincinnati Business Courier: "Macaron Bar Expands Into New Locations"
- Cincinnati Business Courier: "OTR's Macaron Bar expands to second location"
- Queen City Discovery: "Macaron Bar Complements a Revitalized City Identity"
- Cincinnati Refined: "Macaron Bar Brings a Delicious Bite of France to OTR"
- 365 Cincinnati: "Enjoy a Stop at Macaron Bar"
- Out + Outfit: "Out at Macaron Bar"
- University of Cincinnati's The News Record: "Forthcoming OTR shop first in city to focus on macarons"
- Cincy Chic: "Macaron Bar: Sophisticated Sweets"
- Cincinnati.com: "Macaron Bar to open in Over-the-Rhine by Thanksgiving"
- WCPO TV's "The List": "Cincinnati: Thanksgiving Goes Vegan"
- Cincinnati Business Courier: "New bakery focused on 'the next cupcake' to open in OTR"
- Soapbox Cincinnati: "Macaron-focused bakery opening this fall in OTR"
- CityBeat: "Macaron Bar Coming to OTR: A strictly macaron bakery for Francophiles and sweet tooths"