Who We Are
Macaron Bar was founded in 2014 by Patrick Moloughney and Nathan Sivitz. Mark Santanello joined in 2015.
Patrick has a B.A. from the George Washington University and an M.B.A. from Georgetown University. Patrick was a Brand Manager at Procter & Gamble in Cincinnati for 10 years where he led the expansion of Mr. Clean Car Wash, P&G’s first foray into retail services.
Nathan has a B.S. from Xavier University and is a Cincinnati native. He has a passion for baking and is well versed in the pastry arts. He has studied pastry with a focus on macarons at The Gourmandise School in Santa Monica, California, and studied privately at several of the finest macaron shops in New York and Los Angeles. The 'pièce de résistance' of his training was a macarons master class at Ecole Lenôtre in Paris, France.
Mark has a B.A. from the George Washington University in Liberal Arts. Mark previously worked for Northern Kentucky University and University of Cincinnati in sponsored research.
Supporting the community is a key part of Macaron Bar's mission statement. As such, Macaron Bar is committed to setting aside 5% of all revenue generated to be donated to local non-profits, with a special focus on groups serving the economically and socially disadvantaged members of our communities.
Our core non-profit partners in Cincinnati are the Freestore Foodbank, Community Shares of Greater Cincinnati, and GLSEN Greater Cincinnati. Our core non-profit partners in Louisville will be determined by January 2016.
Other non-profits we have supported include Fernside Cincinnati, Cincinnati May Festival, Bake Me Home, Art on the Streets Cincinnati, HRC Cincinnati, Cincinnati Children's Hospital, SPCA Cincinnati, Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio, Therapy Pets of Greater Cincinnati, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, My Nose Turns Red Youth Circus, Over-the-Rhine Community Housing, Bethany House Services, Young Professionals Choral Collective, and Portrait of a Soul.
- USA Today: "10 Tastes of Cincinnati for less than $10"
- Cincinnati Business Courier: "OTR's Macaron Bar heads to a new city"
- Tourism Ohio: "4 Yummy Macaron Spots in Ohio"
- This Ohio Life: "Macaron Bar - Over-the-Rhine"
- Cincinnati Business Courier: "Macaron Bar Expands Into New Locations"
- Cincinnati Business Courier: "OTR's Macaron Bar expands to second location"
- Queen City Discovery: "Macaron Bar Complements a Revitalized City Identity"
- Cincinnati Refined: "Macaron Bar Brings a Delicious Bite of France to OTR"
- 365 Cincinnati: "Enjoy a Stop at Macaron Bar"
- Out + Outfit: "Out at Macaron Bar"
- University of Cincinnati's The News Record: "Forthcoming OTR shop first in city to focus on macarons"
- Cincy Chic: "Macaron Bar: Sophisticated Sweets"
- Cincinnati.com: "Macaron Bar to open in Over-the-Rhine by Thanksgiving"
- WCPO TV's "The List": "Cincinnati: Thanksgiving Goes Vegan"
- Cincinnati Business Courier: "New bakery focused on 'the next cupcake' to open in OTR"
- Soapbox Cincinnati: "Macaron-focused bakery opening this fall in OTR"
- CityBeat: "Macaron Bar Coming to OTR: A strictly macaron bakery for Francophiles and sweet tooths"